Latest news from the ZakStunts crew:
Reporting on ZCT258
Welcome, racers of 2023! A new season has started with a "Blast from the past" — and with a good reason. We have passed several milestones in the last couple of years. 2021 saw the 30th anniversary of Stunts version 1.1, ZakStunts itself reached its 20 year mark in the same year, and more recently we have reached 25 years from the first online competition in 1997, at the dawn of the internet. Inspired by that, I choose for my guest track slot a classic and personal favourite, CTRACK31 from Kalpen's competition in 2001 (to be precise, I picked CTK2003a, the Kalpen 2003 version of the track). I hoped it would be fun.
But wow... what a start of the race! This wasn’t mere fun — it was a frenzy, the battle for LTB starting way before the LTB time began running. The chat on Telegram played a role in that. It’s not the same as the old chatroom, but it is alive and brings new energy. Like Zak once said:
The key is the community. If a racer is addicted there's no escape The chat and forum presence is essential to be a regular racer (of course everyone compared to his available free time), and teamwork is the key to improve in results. The fourth generation, people have to raise their successors - they are the ones who will bring more motivation into racers.
On Telegram, many of the racers were present before the track was made public, speculating on which track it would be and how hard (I may have had a hand in fuelling that... while hoping it would indeed turn out nice). When the track went live, several racers jumped on it, looking for past Kalpen results as references and trying to work out which car would be best. dreadnaut did a good job balancing the cars, and there was never complete certainty about the best car having been found. Still, the fight was on, and two racers quickly went for the lead. In one corner, the returning legend, Argammon, and in the other corner, the current champion defending his title, Alan Rotoi...
The first 12 racers finished within 8 seconds of each other, indicating the high level of competition. Analysing the laps makes it clear that many battles were decided in the final sectors of the track. Notably, Argammon's shortcut around the south-western hill brought him from 0.20 seconds behind to 0.60 seconds ahead. In the end, though, it was Duplode who took first place in the decisive moments, largely propelled by the final high speed sector. Duplode was followed by Argammon in second and Alan Rotoi in third. The battle for fourth place was between Friker, KyLiE, Frieshansen, and Overdrijf. Meanwhile, the fight for the eighth position was contested by Mark Nailwood, Zapper, Deadnaut, and Ryoma.
Wait a second!? Mark Nailwood? Yes, it is the Mark Nailwood, champion racer, creator of Track Blaster and many other tools, of invaluable contributions to the continued success of Stunts. Hi, Mark, welcome back!
All in all, it was a thrilling start to the season, and an exciting glimpse of what's to come. With a strong community, fierce competition, and classic tracks to race on, the 2023 season is shaping up to be one of the best yet.
And that’s how you start Season 2023
Hello hello, amazing Stunts community!
Dreadnaut here, bringing you a renewed welcome to the 23rd ZakStunts racing season, and to all who have joined (and re-joined) us in these past weeks. Plenty of activity on the track and the Forum, where further plans are hatching: it’s going to be an interesting year!
A few highlights:
- There are now single-car podiums for each race. These exist outside the main championship, to celebrate fun racing with different cars. Bask in the glory of being the best LM002 driver on every track! Feedback welcome on the forum
- We have four dates for Live Races this year! Add them to your calendar, and join us in organising these adrenaline-and-cursing-filled events.
- We are working to organise a World Stunts Meeting in Europe this year, likely in the well-connected Amsterdam. You should come!
- Enjoy spectating as much as driving? Let us know your views: book your race and send us a guest report.
- But who is the strongest racer? Check out Duplode’s math as he develops a cross-competition rating system for the ages.
As you can see, the first race of the year might be almost over, but it’s just the beginning. And I’m nowhere near done yet!
- A new Race for Kicks track opened just a week ago. That’s where you find the best stick-to-the-track racing, with optional NoRH.
- Want to drive new and exotic cars instead? Head to CCC, the Custom Car Competition, where Daniel3D works his magic as the first car DJ! The new season is starting soon: keep an eye on the forum, you don’t want to miss that!
Well then... what are you waiting for? Fasten your seatbelt, and give us your best shot on our current track!
On this day in 2014, while racing on ZCT152, some pipsqueaks wrote:
- 2pm : Oh my God! Renato Biker lost a leading time point!!! [shocked]
- 7pm : !
- 8pm : hahahaha, this is the effect of my new job. :S
- E também da chatice do Duplode! hahaha :
- 9pm : Meanwhile, Akoss Poo plays Stunts at his "workplace". Bah...
24124 news posted so far. Long live the Stunts community!