ZakStunts rules for 2014
If you read this you are ready to race, please read at least once:
- Register yourself online. Please use a valid email address, so I can contact you if any problems occur.
- Download the current track and race on it with your favourite car.
- You can use any version of Stunts but Broderbund 1.1 is highly recommended.
- You can leave the road or make shortcuts, but beware of penalty time!
- Depending on your chosen car you will get bonus/penalty time as a percentage of your finishing time. You can always find the bonus percentages (the amount which will be subtracted from your time) on the cars page.
- Discover and use Stunts "Replay Handling"! It'll save you a lot of time and improve your results. Learn about it in the Driving School.
- When you have completed your lap, save your replay and send it from the web form. Your time will automatically appear on the scoreboard.
- You can send as many replays as you want.
- Any modification to the car, track or replay is strictly forbidden.
- Contact the other racers (most of them don't bite :) ) if you want to improve your skills.
- The best place for questions and answers is the forum.
Read them at your own risk, but don't complain to me if you haven't done it :)
- Modification of the rules is not likely to happen during the season and it can occur only after a vote/opinion asked in the forum.
- If anything is unclear, ask the race administrator.
- The season lasts for one year, and consists of 12 races.
- All times and dates on the site are relative to GMT+1, which is the official time zone of the competition :)
- Every track lasts for about one month and unless announced otherwise ends on the last day of the month. Exact starting and ending dates are always announced on the site.
- Track deadline is midnight on the last day of the track. Replays received after that time are invalid.
- Last two days of each track are called "quiet days". No updates on the scoreboard are made then, except if you send your time as public.
- Leading time calculation starts only on the 4th day of each month. If the track is available earlier, leading time is not calculated.
- Leading-time calculation lasts until the start of the quiet days.
- Every racer should send his own replays using the web form after he has registered.
- The current scoreboard is updated automatically every time you check it.
- Seasonal scores are refreshed each time a new replay is submitted.
- The admin can change your submitted result at any time if you have been cheating, after checking the replay.
- Any form of system abuse results in the banning from the competition.
It's highly recommended for you to join or form a team. It greatly improves your racing skills, and your motivation to race.
- Teams consist of minimum 2, maximum 4 racers.
- You can join any team if allowed, but if you joined one, you can't leave it through the year, only with losing all your team points.
- When you join a team, and you didn't have one before all your previous results count as the team's too.
- If you form a new team, every member must send me a confirmation email, the new team's name, and possibly a team logo.
- Team members may share their knowledge or replays, but it's forbidden to race in the name of another teammate, or to use a part of your mate's replay for continuing.
- I gladly host any team headquarter site on the server, if there's a need for it.
Scoring and Bonuses
Scoring follows the table below on each and every track through the whole season:
Position 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th 12th Points 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Racers below the 12th place receive point fractions in order to have rankings between them too.
- Newbie racers also receive points in the newbie league the same way.
Leading Time Bonus (LTB)
The system tracks how long you stay at the top of the scoreboard.
- The racer with most hours gets +2 bonus points, the second one gets +1 bonus point each month.
- To earn a bonus point you must have at least 48 hours leading time; if you have fewer than this value you won't get any points.
Car Coefficient Bonuses
Your result sent will be always multiplied by the car's bonus coefficient.
- Coefficients do not change while a track is active.
- Negative bonuses are also possible.
- The following modifications are made to the coefficients after each
- If a car was not used in a race by drivers finished in the top 6 (in the final classification), its coefficient is raised by +1%.
- If in following races the car is again unused within the same conditions, it receives a +2% on the second race, then a +3%. This amount is the maximal bonus applicable.
All the positive bonuses are summed together, and are used to reduce the winning cars' coefficients. The amount is distributed between the winning cars the following way:
Winner car 50% Second on podium 30% Third on podium 20%
Extra modifications can be made by the competition manager during the first week of the race, if the balance of the cars is broken. Modifications can't affect the leading position.
- Your seasonal score is the sum of the points you earned on the tracks, plus any bonuses.
- Your three worst results don't count for the season's rankings.
Bonus points (Endurance Bonus) are awarded for frequent racers who participate in more than 8 races per season. After the completing additional races, bonus points are awarded as follows:
Upon completing the 10th race in a season +1 point Upon completing the 11th race in a season +2 points Upon completing the 12th race in a season +3 points
These bonus points do not affect the monthly scoreboards or the team scores, but accumulate and are included in the seasonal scores. So for example a racer participating on all tracks gets +6 points.
The Most Important Rule
Enjoy racing! ;)
Page last updated: 2014.01.04